Saturday, September 5, 2009

slip n slide

Chloe and her best bud Leah had a blast the other day on the slip n slide chloe received from her grandparents. I used to have so much fun on those things when I was a kid. We got it all set up, unfortunately we don't have any sloping areas in our yard, and got the hose attached to it. Chloe took off running and looked like she was going to get some real distance. You can imagine our surprise when she only went a foot or so and came to a quick stop. Apparently you have to grease those things down to get some good action.
We sent Monty inside to fetch the dish soap. we got the whole thing coated down with some Dawn and it was nice and slick. 

                                       They were tired of waiting and were ready to go!
Chloe was up first and took off, she was cracking me up with her tongue sticking out.
pure joy!

Leah tried it surfer style but still ended up on her belly. She almost flew off the end!
Those two are always acting crazy. I think they both are starting to feel the stress of being in 6th grade. Leah's mom and I talk often about the mood swings and "attitude problems" the girls seem to have every single day. Chloe and I have always been pretty close and I have always been more of an ally than enemy but lately we just can't seem to get along. I think the battle of the hormones is about to ensue. I have been spending time in prayer about this especially as she is so vulnerable and impressionable right now. 
I know that I can't control who she talks to and what she is exposed to all the time but I am shocked at some of the things I hear are going on with kids she knows. The number of pregnant girls at her MIDDLE SCHOOL is insane. I am torn in how I feel about these kids being allowed to continue going to school while their little bellies are growing more and more. I know that more than anything, these girls need to be encouraged to continue their education but I don't like the idea that my child is spending time at school with them and is offered the idea that if you get pregnant, everything is o.k. and you get to just act like nothing has changed. If anything, it is a novelty to be pregnant, everyone paying attention to you and giving you special treatment. Pregnancy is a time to be pampered and taken care of but it isn't something a teen should be dealing with. anyway, enough of my ranting. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristy,
    This looks like so much fun. I love your blog. Your life sounds wonderful!!!
    Thank you for entering my giveaway. Blogging for Bliss is an amazing book:-)
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete