Tuesday, September 22, 2009

rainy days

I have been a little more than overwhelmed lately by my responsibilities at home. Not to say that I don't love being able to stay home and raise my son and daughter but some of the duties that come along with it are really getting to me. I am in an emotional battle with myself almost everyday over the fact that my home always seems to be a wreck and yet a lot of the time I just dont feel like cleaning it up. It hasn't always been this way. Well I have always been a procrastinator but I have become exceedingly lazy over the past few years. I just don't have the drive to do things like I used to. I don't feel like I'm accomplishing anything anyway. I clean,cook,play with harrison and try to spend some time on the computer. Everyday it is the same and I feel like the days have just been rolling by. Does it even matter if the dishes are always out of the sink? If every speck of dust is off the shelves? Don't get me wrong, I do take pride in my home (I try to anyway) but it just gets so monotonous and we don't have company all that often. I find myself thinkin that things can wait. I get sidetracked so easily anyway so I start something and I will think of something I was supposed to do earlier so I run off and leave clothes in the dryer, the vacuum in the living room, a pile of clothes half ironed....

It reminds me of a children's book I used to read about a stork who was always "putting everything off until tomorrow".He left dishes and food  lying aroung and of course, I'm sure you all know the moral of the story as well as I do, but I am seemingly immune to retaining the lessons I have learned in life. I let things go and let things go and then I blow up because it looks like a tornado has hit the entire bottom level of our house. I know that it is my fault for allowing Harrison to keep so many toys downstairs and I've never really forced Chloe to take her things straight to her bedroom when she gets home so they are always right in front of the door. Seriously. Like sometimes you cant even open it because her things are lying there. I of course assume  she realizes that this makes me crazy (which she doesn't) and I end up getting on to her about it because I'm so mad instead of maybe taking the time to nicely remind her to take her things up to her room, or at least contain it to a small area. Maybe one day she will remember to do what I ask and I will remember that she can't read my mind.

Anyway, the point of all of this is that I subscribe to an amazing site called Proverbs31 ministries and just as I was approaching a nervous breakdown, I woke up a few days ago and found THIS in my inbox.

 I am 30 years old and God continues to amaze me with what He does for me. Even the small things. He is there with me always and reminds me that I am not alone, that I am normal for feeling the way I do and that no matter what He will never give me more than I can handle or let me be tempted beyond what I can bear.  Check out I Cor. 10:12-14 for the real deal. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment