Saturday, October 24, 2009

Time for a challenge

My husband left on Wednesday for Texas. This is the first time he has been gone for more than a day and to tell you the truth, I was pretty nervous about him leaving. It is strange how dependent you can become on a person. I spent an entire afternoon worrying about him going and wondering what I was going to do while he was gone. I am a 30 year old mother of 2 and I was worried that I would be lost without my husband around. I suppose that is a good thing but none the less it is strange and silly that I felt so helpless.
 So here I am, two days into it and things are great. Of course, most of you out there could have probably told me that I was worried over nothing. It has been nice actually, having him gone. I have been able to spend a lot of time with the kids and we have had a really good time. Chloe and I had stayed up kinda late watching tv last night and had a sleepover in my bed. I forgot how much that kid kicks and punches while she sleeps. She is pretty strong for such a small girl. She of course wanted to sleep in there again tonight but she had to promise to at least start out on the far, far side of the bed.
 I have been reminded in the past few days of how much fun my daughter is. Although she has attitude for days sometimes, she really is a great kid and I love hanging out with her. I really need to get better at telling her that. My technique is way off. I'm afraid I'm always using my crazy mom voice and getting on to her for things instead of telling her how proud of her I am and encouraging her. I vow to get better! Starting tomorrow!
 We actually are going to a pumpkin patch tomorrow to pick out our pumkins and then we are going to come home and carve them before heading to Chattanooga to see Nemo on Ice. I can't believe the tickets cost so much money! Fortunately, Monty's brother was able to get us a discount on the tickets. I think Harrison is gonna love it and Chloe seems pretty excited too. I'm glad shes not too old for this stuff just yet. I know I probably only have a year or two left before she doesn't want to do anything with us anymore. I remember when my older sister started that and I just didn't understand it. I don't remember ever feeling that way. I always liked spending time with the family. Of course my parents probably have a different story. I need to call my mom and get the scoop on how much of a pain I was at 11 years old but it is late and I need to get to bed. Busy day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment