Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's a boy!

We had our ultrasound this past week and were happy to find out that the new baby is a boy. We took the kids with us which was a decision I fought for as my dear husband wanted it to be just the two of us. I thought since Chloe was old enough to know what was going on that she deserved to be there so she felt included and she really wanted to go. We took Harrison because we had no choice. We have no babysitters! I don't understand how we have lived in this town for 10 years and we still do not have a list of reliable, trustworthy people to babysit for us. We have asked around but I guess there is a shortage of teenage girls who want to make extra money caring for our sweet, wonderful children. o.k. I got sidetracked. We thought we would make the appointment fun by buying pink and blue balloons and planned to have the kids sit in the hallway while we found out and then we would throw whatever color balloons were fitting out at the kids. Well we never made it that far because Harrison started fidgeting and miss bossy pants started trying to make him sit still (we could hear everything going on outside the room) and he started yelling and she started knocking and the moment was ruined as they both busted in the room. Oh well, it was a good idea in theory.

Chloe was mad anyway because apparently she wanted it to be a girl. Until now, I didn't think she cared as she didn't want me to have another baby anyway lol. It is SO much fun having a preteen. I am learning sooo much about her and myself. Things like it isn't really a good idea to be a moody pregnant woman while trying to deal with a cranky 11 year old. We are like oil and water. I keep thinking it has to get better.    She and I actually get along pretty good compared to how she and my husband are with each other. He just doesn't get it. I don't think he has ever been around teenage girls and he is learning the hard way. I keep trying to explain (tell,yell,command) to him that he shouldn't take everything personally and that he needs to relax a little bit and give her some space. That seems to be one of our biggest arguments. Any suggestion s on how to deal with this?

On another note, I have finally started taking cake/cookie orders again. I was worried there for a while that I wouldn't be able to do any baking while I was pregnant because for the longest time the smell of buttercream would send me running. I have done a few cakes over the past two months and a have two due in the next two weeks. I will try to get some pictures up soon. For now, I am going to finish American Idol and head to bed. Good night to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment