Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mommy Im Sick...

My week has been filled with vomit and for once it was not my own. Monday started off pretty smooth and stayed that way until mid-afternoon when Chloe yelled down the stairs "MOM!! Harrison puked on my couch!!!" I ran up the stairs to see harrison sitting on the little pink couch in her room with his hands straight out in front of him. He and the couch AND the curtains were covered. I mean completely covered in puke. It was horrible. He was crying, chloe was laughing/shrieking and my dear husband didn't move off the couch. I yelled for him and told him that I needed help. We each took an end and carried harrison to the bathtub. I thought Harrison had gagged on the candy he snuck out of my purse but it turns out that my poor son who has a weak stomach happened to turn and look right as the dog had an accident on Chloe's floor. He threw up immediately. And so the week began. On Tuesday Harrison woke at 7 a.m. calling for his dad. Monty went in to check on him and soon started yelling for me. Harrison was once again sick and this time, he threw up right on Monty. I spent most of the day carrying him to and from the bathtub,stripping him of his clothes and cleaning him up. He was so pitiful and everytime I would get him cleaned up, he would say "mommy I'm sorry i frew up on the blanket/couch/floor/you....." he melts my heart. I managed to keep him drinking sprite all day so the cleaning up was fairly easy. My hubby got home that evening and while I was upstairs changing sheets(again) I guess he asked Harrison if he was hungry and told him he needed to try to eat a sandwich. I made it downstairs just in time to see Harrisons eyes get real big as he threw his hand over his mouth and threw up an entire pb & j sandwich. DIS-GUS-TING.
  
Wednesday started off really good as harrison seemed to feel great. Monty however came dragging in the door around 10 am and went straight to the bathroom. He was sick with it for 2 days. yikes. I slept on the couch. It is a lot harder to take care of a grown man than a baby in my opinion. I must admit that I didnt really take very good care of him. I brought him cold drinks and just tried to stay out of his way. He is a lot better at the "in sickness" than me. So the week was finally over..well so I thought until my poor chloe started feeling bad Thursday night and actually came in at 4 am friday morning to tell me that she had thrown up. She spent Friday and Saturday in bed and the bathroom but thankfully was better by Sunday.

So that was my week. Sorry these past few posts have been so gross but I'm here to share it all. The good,bad & ugly and hopefully you will stick around to see things get better.

 One last thing....if any of you are pregnant or nursing, you can log on to http://www.uddercovers.com/ right now and get a nursing cover for free minus shipping with the code "onefree". Im not sure how long this promotion is going on but ordered one a few days ago and am super excited to get it. Hope you all are staying well and keeping your food down!

No comments:

Post a Comment